- This event has passed.
Other Mission;Operation We Care Packing Party;MD-8, DE-1, DE-3
November 15, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Operation We Care Fall Packing Party
Sunday 15 November -Sharptown Firemen’s Memorial Building
405 Joe Morgan Rd. Sharptown (at the Sharptown Carnival grounds) 9:00am until approximately 3:00pm
Early risers can grab a great breakfast at: American Legion Post 218 at 203 State St. (corner of State St. & Taylor St.) All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet 0730-1030 $8.00 per person
Operation We Care is in need of several things leading up to the Fall Packing Party:
1. Donations of supplies to fill the care packages. We have updated our shopping list to focus on the items we need to include in each care package. A copy of the list is HERE. Hard copies are available at Minuteman Press in Salisbury. As of 11/3, the Top 10 needed items are:
• Baby Wipes • Shampoo/Body Wash • Chef Boyardee Canned Pasta (15oz) • Hot Chocolate Packets •Deodorant (non-aerosol)• Disposable Razors •Microwave Popcorn • Pop Tarts • Small Personal Kleenex • Toothpaste
This list will be updated on OWC Facebook page as the inventory changes.
2. Financial donations to help cover the cost of shipping the care packages. We plan to pack 600-700 care packages and the shipping cost will be approximately $11,000. Operation We Care is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Checks can be made payable to “Operation We Care” and sent to 829 E. William St. Salisbury, MD 21804 or dropped off at any donation collection site. The sites are listed on the OWC website.
3. Names and addresses of anyone currently deployed through the end of 2015. If you know of someone who is currently or will be deploying anywhere in the world please let us know. We can possibly support an entire unit depending on the size. For security, safety and privacy we keep all information confidential.
4. If you are able to join us at the Packing Party, please bring a dessert item if you can. We will provide snacks, water, soft drinks and lunch.